What is a security deposit ?
- At the start of the stay, the tenant pays a security deposit to the owner in order to handle potential damages that could be caused in the rented appartment, or to its objects.
- The amount of the security deposit is mentionend on each flat’s web page.
- The owner will refund the security deposit to the tenant 10 days after the check-out at the latest, after substracting costs of possible works and replacements of damaged or missing goods .
How to pay the security deposit ?
- In cash.
- By bank check onto a French bank account, handed in by the start of the stay.
The check is not cashed and will be given back to the tenant at the end of their stay.
- By bank transfer, at least 4 days before the start of the contract.
- By signing a document that authorizes your credit card to be debitted.
The card will be debitted for a maximum amount mentioned on the apartment’s web page, and only when damages have been noted in the apartment at the moment of the check-out.